Monday, February 6, 2017

Update - My Scribbles



The Revolution introduced me to art, and in turn, art introduced me to revolution - Albert Einstein

From remake, to "based on a true story", to repetitive and uninspired imagery, to hallow lyrics and over produced melodies, to unscripted drama and melodramatic plots, it seems that originality, creativity and imagination have taken a back seat in the world of mainstream art.

As I pulled up to work this morning, Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody blared through my speakers and I thought "What a song." The variety of melodies and instruments, invigorating and the thought-out, heartfelt and authentic lyrics, captivating. Though I don't know exactly what inspired Mercury or what went through his head as he penned the words, I couldn't help but feel a connection with the artist, as he bared his soul for the world to see. However, when I switched off my blutooth, the radio went on and some irritating, pointless and repetitive noise spewed out of the speakers; what the song was, I couldn't say, to me it sounded like every other hallow drawl which had been "created" over the last decade or two.

In fact, it has been proven that over the last fifty years, the quality of popular music has been in decline, manufactured groups and recording artists are the accepted norm and the self made singer/songwriter is increasingly rare but going from bad to worse, the creative decline has slowly seeped into literature, television and film as well...

More


© Sarah O’Regan
..................................................................................................................................

Writing



No comments:

Post a Comment